With qualifications in Nursing and Health Studies, Rebecca has significant experience within acute care settings. She worked for four years as a registered nurse, before taking on the role of Director of Nursing/Quality Manager within a Private Hospital. Rebecca has completed training in England in nursing teaching and assessing, is a qualified theatre practitioner and has also completed ISO Lead Auditor training. Her recent experience has focussed on the development, implementation and auditing of ISO Quality Systems within a range of healthcare settings, including:
- Director of Nursing / Quality Manager at Fertility Control Clinic. In this role, Rebecca’s clinical and managerial responsibilities included budget and human resource management, as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of quality standards for the clinic.
- Quality Management Auditor at Benchmark Health Divisions. Rebecca’s role was to audit a range of health care facilities against ISO 9001:2000 standards for certification. She was also responsible for conducting post-certification reviews.
- Systems and Quality Coordinator at E.W. Tipping Foundation and Vista Community Support. Rebecca’s responsibilities in these roles included developing and maintaining best practice quality systems. Her work ensured compliance with best practice polices and ISO 9001:2000 accreditation. She also successfully implemented the Disability Standards for Disability Service Providers and CSO registration standards.
Rebecca’s passion for quality systems development, implementation and evaluation within community services is demonstrated by her experience across a range of quality management roles. Her qualifications and extensive experience across healthcare settings have also provided her with practical knowledge spanning clinical best practice, quality improvement, and audit and compliance.
Rebecca is currently involved in the following AHA projects:
- Conducting external quality assurance reviews of Community Service Organisations funded under the Children, Youth and Families Act (2005) to provide community-based family services and out-of-home care
- undertake mapping of the standards for disability service providers in Victoria, against a range of other quality and accreditation standards, to enable equivalence recognition of the alternative standards.