AHA has vast experience of residential aged care. This includes
- Operating reviews of over 200 aged care facilities (and over 2000 community care providers) across Australia over the past 16 years
- Over 50 major projects conducted on behalf of governments regarding residential aged care including - access to services, costing and funding, quality and quality assessment, training, ACATs, younger people with disabilities, role of GPs, governance.
- Projects for aged care peak bodies including Development of the Capital Income Calculator Model and the People Before Paper Research project.
- Hands-on experience of many of our team, as nurses and health workers caring for residents, financial advisor or as managers responsible for the operation of facilities.
- Two of our Directors are members of the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) Panel of expert Administrators, for facilities which have failed to meet the aged care standards. Recent appointments include:
- Kirralee Aged Care, Ballarat
- View Hills Manor, Endeavour Hills.
B oth of these appointments achieved good outcomes, one leading to the successful sale of the facility and the other facility achieved full compliance with all quality standards.
Details are provided for the following projects: