AHA acted, on behalf of the Department of Health and Ageing, as an administrator and adviser to for Viewhills Manor, a residential aged care facility. Viewhills Manor had been failing to meet relevant quality and service standards and there was considered to be significant risk to the welfare of their residents and staff.
Major activities undertaken by AHA during our appointment include:
- Financial management and administration
- develop appropriate financial records from information provided by Viewhills Manor
- auditing of financial reports
- develop draft budgets to assist in achieving financial sustainability
- Oversaw the review and implementation of changes in relation to cleaning and maintenance services
- Oversaw the role of the nurse consultant, with whom we developed an action plan to achieve compliance in clinical issues
- Provided recommendations for the future
- Oversaw the sale of Viewhills Manor
- Regularly reported to the Directors of Viewhills Manor and DoHA as required.
AHA successfully administered the facility through this difficult time and facilitated its eventual sale.