Glenda combines a nursing background with extensive experience in quality management and systems improvement. She is expert in project management, development and implementation of quality management systems, and in most aspects of continuous quality improvement (CQI).
Glenda is also a skilled trainer, with a current Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment, with specific expertise in developing and delivering training related to internal auditing.
Glenda is a skilled Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems. She has strong experience of most recognised accreditation and audit programs in the health, community and aged care sectors, including:
- ISO 9001:2008 management systems
- QICSA, the community health accreditation system
- DVA community nursing audit program
- HACC – Community Care Common Standards
- CACP, EACH and NRCP.
Her previous roles include:
- Provision of internal auditor training
- ISO Lead Auditor – across a range of public and private hospitals and day surgeries
- Auditor Manager – for an international ISO certification body
- Conduct of quality reviews – Community Care Common Standards, in Victoria and ACT
- Conduct of internal audits – ISO 9001:2008 and DHS One Standard
- Customer Service Manager, West Gippsland Healthcare Group. Glenda’s key role was to improve the quality and integration of services across the Group’s residential aged care, acute care and community based care services
- Management of several residential aged care facilities
- Involvement in a number of quality related projects.
Glenda has extensive experience of quality improvement methodologies in a range of health care settings, based on many years work as a nurse, systems auditor and consultant. She has used these skills to assist many organisations to improve and to successfully participate in recognised accreditation programs.