Kara is a Health Information Manager (HIM) with many years’ experience in clinical coding and auditing in the Victorian public and private health sectors.
Kara is currently:
- AHA’s Audit Team Manager for the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset (VAED) Audit program and the Admitted Subacute Pilot Audit program, on behalf of the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS)
- A Director of Capture Consulting, an IT company that develops web-based auditing products for internal and external hospital clinical coding audit programs, including AHA’s VAED audit program.
Kara’s past roles include:
- Member of Victorian ICD Coding Committee, from 2010 to 2014
- Coding Co-ordinator and Auditor for Eastern Health from 2011 to 2013
- Member of the previous VAED audit team for the prior three year audit program (2011-2013)
- Lecturer at La Trobe University, 2011 and 2013
- HIM at St Vincent’s Hospital from 2007 to 2010.