Australian Government Department of Health
AHA was appointed by the Commonwealth Government as an Administrator and Adviser for Viewhills Manor, a residential aged care facility.
Viewhills had been failing to meet relevant quality and service standards and there was considered to be significant risk to the welfare of their residents and staff.
Major activities undertaken by AHA during our appointment include:
• Financial management and administration
• Develop appropriate financial records from information provided by Viewhills
• Auditing of financial reports
• Develop draft budgets to assist in achieving financial sustainability
• Oversaw the review and implementation of changes in relation to cleaning and maintenance services
• Oversaw the role of the nurse consultant, with whom we developed an action plan to achieve compliance in clinical issues
• Provided recommendations for the future
• Oversaw the sale of Viewhills
•Regularly reported to the Directors of Viewhills and DoHA as required.
AHA successfully administered the facility through this difficult time and facilitated its eventual sale.