AHA has conducted numerous reviews of aged care facilities:
- Consulting advice on behalf of DoHA to remote area nursing homes and hostels in the Cobar NSW and Alice Springs NT in order to ensure their continuing viability under the new funding arrangements.
- Heidelberg Village Hostel – financial performance improvement and implementation.
- Assistance to Aboriginal Community Elders Services in establishing a day care centre and 25 bed hostel and in the Melbourne suburb of Brunswick.
- Consulting assistance on behalf of DH&A to the Peacehaven Memorial Nursing Home and Hostel, Launceston Tasmania to ensure their continuing operation through improved management practices.
- Anglican Homes For Elderly People, Victoria – Designed and implemented validation of assessment and classification systems using RCI for residents in 22 nursing homes covering 860 beds.
- Moorfields Community – Feasibility study as to the viability of establishing an Aged Care Dementia Unit.
- Lumeah Community for the Aged – A wide ranging financial performance improvement review was undertaken. The outcomes of this review led to major changes in the financial position, reporting arrangements and overall management and governance structure.
- Girraween Aged Care – A broad financial operating analysis of which encompassed all aspects of the organisation, including client care, catering, cleaning, maintenance and administration. The review involved input from staff and managers throughout the organisation and resulted in major changes and improvement in financial viability.