AHA was appointed by the Queensland Department of Communities to undertake an evaluation of the Human Services Quality Framework Trial.
The Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) was developed to help reduce administrative duplication and compliance costs for providers of community based service providers funded for multiple program types, and often from different funders.
The HSQF includes a single set of quality standards to apply to providers previously covered by:
- Disability Services Quality Standards
- Standards for Community Services
- Child Safety Service Standards
- National Community Housing Standards
- Home and Community Care Standards
- Queensland Disability Advocacy Standards.
AHA’s evaluation investigated and reported on the following aspects:
- Assessment of the level of reduction in administrative burden for service providers when comparing the time and resources required for assessment under the HSQF with those required for the existing sets standards (above)
- Applicability of a consistent approach to quality across funded service streams
- Applicability of the standards across funded service streams
- Appropriateness of the approach taken to assess funded non-government organisations against the standards during the trial
- User-friendliness and applicability of the Human Services Quality Framework-Trial Resource Pack made available during the trial to auditors and participating non-government organisations.