The PSD is a targeted supplementary funding program for Victorian government schools. It provides over $500 million annually to over 1,400 mainstream and specialist schools to assist them to support students with disabilities, with moderate to severe needs.
AHA manages and administers the PSD on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Under the management contract, AHA is responsible for receiving, processing and determining eligibility for over 6,500 funding applications annually. This work includes:
- Receiving and cataloguing applications and checking necessary documentation and supporting evidence has been provided
- Assessing eligibility against educational support needs criteria, based on examination of a range of supporting evidence including reports and assessments from clinicians and documentation from schools, teachers and parents
- Recording outcomes in the Department’s PSDMS system for notification to schools
- Reporting to the Department and engaging with Department staff to discuss individual applications where necessary.
To service the contract, AHA:
- Employs a large team of specialist disability and early and developmental educational experts, including psychologists and speech pathologists, supported by a team of administration staff.
- Has developed sophisticated IT systems for application processing and management, which manage the application processing workflow and enable online real-time review of applications, including status and outcomes, by Departmental staff.