Zoe has outstanding project management, research and data analysis skills. Her qualifications include Master of Epidemiology, Master of Public Health, Master of Commerce and Bachelor of Science.
She has worked in diverse areas across the health system in the public and private sectors, and has managed major projects in several public hospitals, the Victorian Department of Health, the National Heart Foundation and Telstra Health. She is passionate about working with stakeholders to collate and interpret information to improve services for our community.
Zoe’s career has included:
- Development of quality assurance reports for medical specialists, involving the analysis of tens of thousands of patient records in her role as an Epidemiologist at Telstra Health, National Cancer Screening Register.
- Development of a protocol for a randomised controlled trial for the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (including a literature review) for her major research project in the Masters of Epidemiology.
- A multi-strategy approach to improve heart failure care including an update of the clinical guideline, development of heart failure resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and consultation with multidisciplinary providers of heart failure services to establish best practice.
- Evaluating the quality of economic studies relating to the treatment of diabetes and cystic fibrosis, for international health economics network GENI (Guidelines and Economists Network International).
- Involvement in the Ear, Nose & Throat and Ophthalmology Service Planning Frameworks for the Victorian Department of Health.
- Evaluation of the relocation of the Mercy Hospital for Women, Melbourne.
- Improvement of hospital pharmacy and emergency department processes using a collaborative Plan, Do, Study, Act methodology.